Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bono has no hard feelings after coming last in final of Irish greats

Bono has said he has no hard feelings about losing out on the title of Ireland's Greatest, insisting he is fine with the snub.
2FM star Dave Fanning, inset, who championed the singer in the RTE show claims that neither he nor Bono were in the least upset when the U2 rock star came last in the poll.
"I wasn't upset at all and neither was Bono," Dave told the Herald. "I was talking to him during the week and he's fine about it."
Dave admits, however, that he was disappointed not to have had longer to share his memories of the Dublin singer with viewers at home on the Late Late Show last week, given that he feels he could write a book on the topic. "I mean what we wanted to do was to make a great documentary and that's exactly what we did so we fulfilled our aim. I think people enjoyed what they saw and we had the opportunity to tell his story.
"I just can't believe I only had a minute to talk about him on Friday night, there's so much more I could have said. That's the way it goes. The Irish people picked their winner."
Dave also revealed how he believed his colleague Ryan Tubridy's new book, JFK in Ireland, would be a Christmas bestseller and said he didn't rank his own recently launched autobiography in the same category.
He said: "Mine is a completely different genre, Ryan actually launched it for me a couple of weeks ago.
"I do think his book is going to be a big success. The minute the Christmas presents are being bought it's going to fly off the shelves.
"I won't be at number one in January but I firmly believe that for the next seven weeks it's going to dominate. It's one that will be bought by the older generation to read and the younger generation as presents for them to read," he added. The RTE star was speaking last night at Tubridy's book launch at the Mansion House on Dawson Street.

source : http://www.herald.ie/ by Lorna Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment