Monday, November 22, 2010

U2.COM : 'At home it's still yesterday...'

Travel day.  London to Auckland (day 2)

Leg one of the journey completed and I headed for the B.A. lounge at Singapore’s Changi Airport.  It’s only an hour’s stop-over but I took advantage of the free wifi, as there are some new renders of show video I needed to look at.   I also ran into Darren Hayes on iChat which was a nice surprise.  Skype & iChat make the world a much smaller place.

LHR-SIN was fine, I ate, I slept, I read (The Elegance of the Hedgehog – promising, but I’m not sure it’s in-flight friendly), I movied (The Kids are All Right which was…all right, and Shrek, Forever After which was hilarious.  The writing is so good.  When Eddie Murphy called the Gingerbread Man “Hey, cracker”, I snorted so loudly I woke up the bloke in the next seat.)

Met the lads back at Gate 26.  Next call is Sydney for a longer stop, I think.  Steff gets a monumentally long layover, though we don’t know why.  Craig points out that it’s already tomorrow in New Zealand, so therefore we are in the final day of this journey.  I phoned home, where it’s still yesterday.  What time is it in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment