Wednesday, December 22, 2010

U2's Bono: I Can Be A Pain In The Arse

U2 frontman Bono has described himself as a “pain in the arse”.

The singer acknowledged that he sometimes suffered from the trait during an editorial in the Australian Herald Sun newspaper.

Writing about the band's past experiences in the country and his humanitarian work, he wrote: “I know I can be a pain in the arse. I have an annoying gene; it's in my DNA - I even annoy myself.

“When righteous anger turns to self-righteous, projectile vomit is the right response.”

Bono continued: “All I can say is that you can become traumatised as well as inspired by the lives you meet along the dirt road of extreme poverty.

“Watching the bright light of life go out of some kid's eyes gets me to a place I can't explain.”

He added: “Sometimes I forget that I'm an artist, but I shouldn't, because that's what I am, a working pop artist in a big F-Off rock band.”


source : http://www.gigwise.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment