Monday, January 24, 2011

David Guetta ‘excited’ about U2 collaboration

David Guetta says the opportunity to work with U2 would be an “honour”.

The French producer-and-DJ was thrilled to meet the band’s frontman Bono recently as he is a huge fan of the Irish rock group. He has revealed he is in talks to produce some tracks for U2’s new album and he hopes the plans will come to fruition soon. Although David is known for releasing successful dance tracks, he is confident he can turn his hand to a rockier sound.
"We met with Bono, and I was really excited, really honoured because he proposed me to maybe produce some tracks for the next U2 album," Guetta told MTV News. "I started a few ideas already, yes."
David is no stranger to star-studded collaborations, having previously worked with Kelly Rowland, Flo Rida, Rihanna and Akon.
He loves experimenting with different sounds and has a particular affinity with dance music and R&B. However, David insists he has been making every effort to broaden his horizons recently and has a respect for many other musical genres too.
"I've been more and more open to different styles of music, and obviously electronic music is still my main thing, but I just love music. If it's good, it doesn't matter what style," he said. "After those collaborations with all these urban artists, I thought it would be a real challenge for me to try to go in that direction."

source : http://www.musicrooms.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment