Thursday, November 17, 2011

U2.COM : 'Meet My Monster'

Matt McGee of fansite atu2.com is the latest guest writer to come up with their own personal wishlist for 'U22'.

Matt's been to a few U2 shows over the years and when the 360 Tour opened in 2009 he harboured a secret desire for 'a Zoo-TV like tribute to everyone who wanted a greatest hits show.' That explains the 'monster' 'U22' set list he's come up with below. Does it scare you? Or do you love it? Tell us what you think in the comments below.

'So this is how Dr. Frankenstein felt, isn't it? But instead of building a monster from disparate parts, I'm trying to build a Best-Of-U2-360 setlist, pulling in songs from three quite different tours that spanned more than two years.

Let's see‚ I'll take the heart of this tour and match it with the brains of this other tour, and then throw in some of the muscle from that other tour. Voila! Our 22-song creature lives!

I'm not usually big on debating set-lists, dreaming up set-lists, or anything along those lines. I prefer to count myself blessed that U2 is still touring and that I'm still able to see a few shows each time. But here's a confession: before the 360 tour began, I secretly harbored a desire for U2 to start each show with a barrage of songs from No Line On The Horizon, a Zoo TV-like salute to everyone who bought tickets wanting a greatest hits show. So, now that U2.com has invited me to play Dr. Frankenstein and build my own version of U22, that's how I'll begin! Ready to meet my monster?'
1. No Line On The Horizon
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Breathe
4. Magnificent
5. Unknown Caller
6. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Beautiful Day (the Mark Kelly version)
10. Your Blue Room
11. Zooropa
12. Until The End Of The World
13. Bad
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One
16. One Tree Hill
17. Ultraviolet
18. The Fly
19. The Unforgettable Fire
20. Moment Of Surrender
21. Out Of Control
22. '40'

Matt McGee is Founder and Editor of www.atu2.com and author of U2-A Diary (Omnibus Press, 2008).

No comments:

Post a Comment