Thursday, May 1, 2014

U2.COM : 'Walk In My Shoes'



Adam joined Irish celebrities Alison Canavan, Brent Pope and The Original Rude Boys for the Dublin launch of next week'sWalk In My Shoes day.

Inspired by a 16year old at St. Patrick’s University Hospital, who wished his friends could ‘walk in his shoes’ to understand what he was going through, Walk in My Shoes raises funds to provide mental health support, information and services to vulnerable young adults in Ireland.

'We need support growing up, but especially if you’re vulnerable and you need someone to talk to,' explained Adam, patron of the organisation. 'It’s ok to ask for help and Walk In My Shoes is working hard to remove the stigma around mental health difficulties. I hope everyone will join in on 9th May for Walk In My Shoes day and step out in stylish or mismatched shoes - let’s make a real difference.'

Adam was interviewed on 98FM by Ray Foley - take a listen.



Walk in My Shoes day takes place across Ireland next Friday, May 9th. 'Step out of your comfort zone, stand up for mental health and wear funky shoes to show your support.'

No comments:

Post a Comment