Wednesday, April 10, 2013

U2.COM : 'One I Keep Coming Back To'

Ahead of Walk In My Shoes day this  Friday, Hot Press have posted their recent interview with Adam.

Walk In My Shoes, an initiative of St. Patrick’s University Hospital, Dublin, is all about raising funds and  awareness of mental health issues facing young Irish people.

As well as talking in depth about the taboos surrounding mental health, Adam also talks about the work he and the band are doing in the studio - and some of the music he's been listening to. He namechecks albums by The Tribes, The Vaccines, The Villagers, The Original Rudeboys and The Maccabees. 

'The Tribes album, Baby, is one I keep coming back to. The Vaccines have that garage-y Ramones thing going on, which I’m a sucker for. The Villagers album is great - Conor J. O’Brien is an incredibly talented guy. I made a bit of a connection today at the Walk In My Shoes launch with The Original Rudeboys - they have a lot of energy. A band I really like and got to see in London recently are The Maccabees. They sound quite tough on record, but live are a bit… not wimpy, sensitive!'


So there's five to watch from Adam but while you wait for the next U2 album what five bands are you getting into? What album are you loving right now? Who've you caught live that blew you away? In the comments below,  spread the word on the five acts and five records you're into in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment